RAW is a privately owned entertainment and training company working locally and globally. Based just 7kms from the Brisbane CBD, RAW is based out of Arcana, a fully equipped 600m2 warehouse-style theatre and event centre. RAW has been intrinsic in the development of truly innovative events, productions and training services, preparing the next generation of professional performers to step into the limelight.
Company Highlights and Achievements
Here's some of RAW's highlights since its inception in 1998:
– RAW became a Registered Training Organisation (RTO ID41385) in 2016, one of only a few in Queensland’s performing arts industry with this title and capacity. This provides an opportunity and reinforces our commitment to providing quality training programs for Queensland’s performers of tomorrow.
– RAW’s Untapped New York Off-Broadway Seasons in November 2011 and February 2016, playing to sold-out crowds at the New Victory Theatre. RAW has successfully toured multiple productions in Singapore, Brazil, Colombia, Peru, Mexico, Chile, Taiwan, China, Japan, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, Belgium and Holland.
– One of Australia’s most significant arts festivals, Brisbane Festival commissioned the company to present a new production “Electronique” to premiere at the festival in July 2008, and another commissioned co-presented show in 2011 called “Beautiful Noise”. Raw worked with the talented Sydney based physical theatre company “Legs on the Wall”.
– RAW regularly tours conducting masterclasses and workshops in many Australian cities and towns, from minor rural communities in Parnngurr (indigenous community), Thursday Island and Halls Creek to major regional communities like Port Hedland, Cairns, Geelong, Narrabri to major city hubs like Brisbane, Melbourne and Sydney.
– Raw has appeared on multiple TV programs over the past 20 years including Good Morning Singapore, Good Morning Chile, Good Morning Australia, Nickelodeon Kids Choice Awards, The Shak, Toasted TV, Video Hits, The Great Southeast, Totally Wild, Sunrise and The Today Show.
– RAW has assisted some of the world’s largest brands to create award-winning showcases and brand events. Some of these companies include – Nutrimetics, St George Bank, Telstra, BHP, Mariott, Qantas, Coca-Cola Amatil, Clayton Utz, American Express, IBM, SAP, Woolworths, BMW, Australia Post, Nickelodeon, Hyundai, AMP, Lend Lease, Suncorp Metway, KFC and the Commonwealth Games. This is only a handful of the 250+ companies Andrew and the RAW team have worked with over the past twenty years.
– Andrew Fee wrote and directed, and RAW performed in the Q150, a celebration of Queensland’s 150th Birthday, highlighting iconic Queensland stories and companies that have excelled and supported the community. This show toured nine different locations throughout Queensland in a specially built, corrugated iron portable venue, modeled on the Spiegeltent design.
– RAW produced a number of extremely successful events for the Brisbane City Council, Brisbane Festival and Queensland Government over the past 10 years.