This Staff Working Policy ensures that RAW Dance Company Pty Ltd has a transparent approach to managing staff recruitment, induction, performance, and end of employment. It also ensures a consistent approach to record keeping. It does not directly link to any Standards however it contributes to demonstrating compliance with Clause 8.6 of Standard 8 for all Registered Training Organisations “RTO”.
To access further information about each point, simply click the below fields to expand the topics. If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact Andrew Fee on email@example.com or 1300 729 326 or 0414 418 239.
- RAW Dance is committed to recruiting, selecting and managing its staff in a fair, equitable, respectful and transparent manner.
- Staff will be recruited into RAW Dance in order to meet organizational goals and objectives. A wide pool of candidates will be sourced and selection is based on merits.
- Where a trainer/assessor role is being recruited, RAW Dance will ensure the applicant meets the qualification and experience requirements outlined in the Skilled Trainers and Assessors Policy & Procedure. Individuals involved in training who are not suitably qualified will also be supervised in accordance with the mentioned policy.
- All staff have a position description which outlines the key job functions and responsibilities of the position.
- Staff are expected to act dutifully, professionally and ethically in fulfilling their roles and must abide at all times with Australian and relevant Queensland legislation and regulations. Staff will be advised of any changes in legislation that may affect their role and how the changes impact them.
- All staff are inducted into the organisation through a planned induction process and this is documented on an induction plan.
- All records in relation to a staff member will be held in a staff file which will be stored securely and treated confidentially.
- Staff will participate in regular performance reviews which are an opportunity to provide and receive constructive feedback and discuss goals, plans and progression where appropriate.
- Staff are expected to participate in appropriate professional development relevant to their role as agreed to with their manager. Trainers/ assessors are expected to meet the requirements for professional development as outlined in the Standards and in the Skilled Trainers and Assessors Policy & Procedure.
- Staff must apply in writing for annual leave at least four weeks in advance from the intended leave which will be approved at the discretion of the CEO based on team work priorities and schedules.
- Any staff performance issues will be appropriately managed by RAW Dance through performance management plans, meetings, verbal warnings and written warnings where required.
- The CEO may terminate employment due to a staff member’s unsatisfactory performance after first following the performance management procedures outlined below. Termination may also occur due to abandonment of employment and/or serious misconduct.
- In the case of resignation, staff are expected to give at least four weeks’ notice of their resignation in writing.
HOW WE INTERACT
It is expected that everybody will treat each other with respect at all times. The company holds a zero tolerance approach to bullying or other unprofessional behavior.
- Staff will endeavor to have no contact outside of their programmed course times with Students. This includes electronic contact (Facebook, Google Plus, SMS, etc).
- Staff are expected to provide a safe environment for Students to develop their professional skills and grow as people.
- Staff are never to have “unsupervised contact” with Students.
Unsupervised contact” refers to one on one contact behind closed doors.
• Only use physical contact that is appropriate for the development of a particular skill.
• Work within sight of others at all times.
Emotional / Verbal Boundaries
• Use positive feedback about performance, not negative feedback about the person.
• Be encouraging and avoid put?downs.
• Attend industry related events such as performances or workshops, celebrations or meetings but don’t socialise with Students outside these functions.
• Personnel must not have sexual relationships with Students. This includes physical and non-contact activities.
• Nobody should be touched in a way likely to make them feel uncomfortable.
- At all times during the period of their engagement obey the reasonable directions of the Director, Production Manager, Tour Manager, Tour Team Leader and all Management staff.
- Use their best endeavors at all times to promote the success of the Company, conduct themselves in a professional manner and not do anything which would bring the Company into dispute.
- Be punctual.
- Never arrive at work under the influence of alcohol or drugs, or consume either at any time during the performance.
- Not smoke during an active engagement (eg whilst teaching, performing, rehearsing, etc) – this includes during breaks.
- Maintain clean and tidy dress standards and appearance at all times.
- No unsavory language or behavior reasonably deemed unsatisfactory at any time.
Qualified Personnel should attend to injuries. Only Personnel who are qualified in administering first aid or treating dance injuries should attempt to treat an injury. Personnel should avoid treating injuries out of sight of others. Other considerations include:
- The comfort level and dignity of the injured party should always be the priority.
- Only uncover the injured parts of the body, or drape private parts of the injured parties body.
- Always report injuries and any treatment provided to the company and document an incident.
- The Company has an injuries register that will contain basic information about the time and date of the injury, where it occurred, what it was, the treatment provided and by whom, and whether further medical attention was required or recommended.
- If necessary, seek medical attention as soon as possible or recommend
WORKING WITH CHILDREN - BLUE CARD
All Personnel that may come in to contact with minors while performing their normal role for the Company are expected to have a valid Blue Card.
Neither party shall, during or after the term of their engagement, disclose the terms of any Agreement, this Handbook or any other company documentation to any other person/s (except to accountants and/or legal advisers) whether directly or indirectly except as and when required by law to do so. Personnel and Students shall ensure that they will not disclose to any other person or persons in any way whatsoever (whether during the term of their engagement or otherwise) any details of the activities of the Company or with respect to the Company’s operations generally without the prior written consent of the Company.
- In consideration of my engagement as Personnel, upon the terms herewith stated, I hereby give to The Company his/her heirs, legal representatives and assigns, those for whom The Company is acting, and those acting with his/her authority and permission:
- the unrestricted right and permission to copyright and use, re-use, publish, and republish photographic portraits or pictures, video or other media content of me or in which I may be included intact or in part, composite or distorted in character or form, without restriction as to changes or transformations in conjunction with my own or a fictitious name, or reproduction hereof in color or otherwise, made through any and all media now or hereafter known for illustration, art, promotion, advertising, trade, or any other purpose whatsoever.
- I also permit the use of any printed material in connection therewith.
- I hereby relinquish any right that I may have to examine or approve the completed product or products or the advertising copy or printed matter that may be used in conjunction therewith or the use to which it may be applied.
- I hereby release, discharge and agree to save harmless The Company, The Company’s heirs, legal representatives or assigns, and all persons functioning under The Company’s permission or authority, or those for whom The Company is functioning, from any liability by virtue of any blurring, distortion, alteration, optical illusion, or use in composite form whether intentional or otherwise, that may occur or be produced in the taking of said picture or in any subsequent processing thereof, as well as any publication thereof, including without limitation any claims for libel or invasion of privacy.
- I hereby affirm that I am over the age of majority and have the right to contract in my own name. I have read the above authorization, release and agreement, prior to its execution; I fully understand the contents thereof. This agreement shall be binding upon me and my heirs, legal representatives and assigns.