On Tuesday 21st April 1998 , Andrew Fee created Raw Metal.
From 1998 to 2005 Raw Metal grew from a performance group to include education tours and classes with studios, schools and universities, along with touring worldwide.
From 2006 to 2015, Andrew Fee & Jess Chambers joined forces and launched Raw Dance Company. This saw the beginnings of a full time course, a brilliant vibrant warehouse space, new touring and corporate entertainment and fresh education programs for an ever increasing range of clients. In late 2015, Jess Chambers moved to Perth with her partner and ended her involvement with Raw Dance Company. We wish Jess well after her integral involvement in RAW over many years. Jess remains within the industry working in Corporate Events and Artist Management.
From 2016, RAW is managed and owned by Andrew Fee and Lucy Chambers. Jack Chambers acts as the company’s Artistic Director when he’s not working as a highly sort after Musical Theatre Performer and Choreographer.
Each year RAW expands its repertoire of amazing productions and further develops our audience base. Over the years some of the key highlights have been:
- RAW’s Untapped New York Broadway Seasons in November 2011 & February 2016, playing to sold out crowds at the New Victory Theatre.
- Successfully touring multiple productions in Singapore, Brazil, Colombia, Peru, Mexico, Chile, Taiwan, China, Japan, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, Belgium and Holland.
- One of RAW’s dancers’ Jack Chambers winning the 2008 title of Australia’s favourite dancer on the first series of “So You Think You Can Dance”.
- One of Australia’s most significant arts festivals, Brisbane Festival commissioned the company to present a new production Electronique to premiere at the festival in July 2008
- RAW’s Education program has expanded to include master classes and workshops in over 50 Australian cities and towns, from minor rural communities in Parnngurr (indigenous community), Thursday Island & Halls Creek to major regional communities like Port Hedland, Cairns, Geelong, Narrabri to major city hubs like Brisbane, Melbourne & Sydney.
- RAW has produced upwards of 500 corporate and private events for companies including BMW, Microsoft, Telstra, SAP, Sony, Wrigley’s & Nike to only name a few.
- RAW produced a number of extremely successful events for the Brisbane City Council, Brisbane Festival and Queensland Government over the past 5 years.