Welcome to our Frequently Asking Questions Page for OUR COURSES. We hope that you’re able to find an answer for your question her, however if you cannot seem to find the right answer please don’t hesitate to contact RAW 1300 729 326 or firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you asap.
What qualifications are on offer by RAW?
RAW Dance offers a few different programs for students from Year 10 to school leavers, including Cert III in Dance & Diploma in Musical Theatre as outlined below. Also keep an eye out for new qualifications being added to our scope over the next few years.
How many students do you take each year?
RAW Dance doesn’t have a certain number of students we take each year. We’re looking for the most promising students that are ready to take the challenge of completing our qualifications.
How can you audition for RAW's Certificate III in Dance?
Can you audition online via youtube or emailing your footage?
You can send an online clip for your audition. Please include the following information and send the youtube or vimeo url link via email to email@example.com.
Video Audition Requirements
Please include a 1-minute (min) DANCE performance in your chosen style.
Please include a video showing your technical ability (turns, leaps, flexibility & fluidity)
Please speak directly to the camera and answer the following questions:
- Tell us your name & date of birth?
- How long have you been dancing? And Where?
- Why do you want to train with RAW
- Are you and your parents aware of the costs of the program and can you confirm it is financially achievable?
- Can you count and explain 1 lot of 8 counts from your performance routine, focusing on any key syncopation’s and rhythms?
- Why do you dance?
- Explain in a few sentences how you feel when you’re on stage?
- List three of your dance strengths?
- List three of your dance weaknesses?
- List one goal you would like to achieve by the completion of your Cert III in Dance training with RAW?
Applications are accepted on a first come, first serve basis, so if a course is fully booked, you will audition for a place for the following year. To apply, please complete the online registration by clicking here.
What skills would a successful RAW student possess to be accepted?
A successful student will usually display the following:
- Great general movement across a number of styles
- A pleasant attitude
- A Mature approach to training and development of their skills
- An understanding of the industry and how hard they need to work to be apart of it
- Ready to work hard for the year!
What type of careers are there in the industry upon completing your study at RAW?
Toggle content goes here, click edit button to change this text.
What successful contracts have previous students signed?
Previous Students have had contracts with:
Several students have gone onto work across the globe with companies like Disney, Norwegian cruise lines, Carnival Cruise Lines, Royal Caribbean Cruise lines, Moulin Rouge, Cirque Du Soleil, Ringling Brothers Circus, Burn The Floor, Perform on Broadway with RAW, dance at Festivals like Splendour with Kayne West and on So You Think You Can Dance.
Can I apply for Centrelink? If so, what is required when I go into Centrelink for an interview?
Yes, you can apply for Centrelink AusStudy, AbStudy, Youth Allowance & Rental Assistance depending on your personal cricumstances. Before you go in to speak with the Centrelink representatives you will need to ensure you’re armed with the right items, which include:
* Course Agreement (you will be emailed a copy upon completing the document)
* Course Confirmation Letter (emailed to you upon completing the Agreement)
* Your Photo ID (passport or Drivers Licence, Over 18 Card)
* If Under 18, you will require your mum or dad to accompany you to assist with the process and to sign on your behalf.
If you have a questions please don’t hesitate to contact us directly on firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 1300 729 326.
Does RAW offer VET Fee Help?
At this point, RAW does not offer VET Fee Help, however this is something that we hope to deliver in future years to come.
What are all of the fees and costs for your courses?
Does RAW offer payment plans for students?
Yes, RAW offers payment plans for all of our Qualification Courses (i.e. Certificates and Diplomas). Click here to view our Tuition & Fees page with further information.