CUA30113 Certificate III in Dance (Year 10, 11 or 12)
RAW is a fully accredited, nationally registered training organisation (RTO No.41385) committed to providing a supportive and caring learning environment where students are able to define their own artistic voice and realise their potential.
The CUA30113 Certificate III in Dance is a 1-year course for school aged students in Years 10, 11 or 12. Designed to provide the foundations for young performers aspiring to become professional artists, students completing a Certificate III in Dance will increase their depth of precision technique, develop improvisation and partnering skills, perfect personal presentation and be well versed in various industry theory studies.
The course runs from 11am – 6pm on Wednesdays at RAW’s Moorooka studios. The classes will run over 40 weeks broken up into 4 terms.
Core & Elective Units
- CUACHR301 Develop basic dance composition skills (30 hours)
- CUADAN202 Incorporate artistic expression into basic dance performances (45 hours)
- CUADAN301 Integrate rhythm in dance or movement technique (20 hours)
- CUAIND301 Work effectively in the creative arts industry (50 hours)
- CUAPRF307 Develop performance techniques (35 hours)
- CUAWHS301 Condition the body for dance performance (60 hours)
- CUACIR301 Perform basic on-ground acrobatic techniques (20 hours)
- CUADLT301 Develop basic dance analysis skills (20 hours)
- CUAPRF304 Develop audition techniques (25 hours)
- CUADAN303 Develop dance partnering techniques (60 hours)
- BSBWOR203 Work effectively with others (15 hours)
- BSBDIV301 Work effectively with diversity (30 hours)
- CUAIND304 Plan a career in the creative arts industry (35 hours)